Mary Washington Healthcare Partners With Physicians To Improve Care-5 Things To Know
Fredericksburg, Va.-based Mary Washington Healthcare is partnering with
physicians to implement a new program aimed at enhancing healthcare and
reducing costs, according to
Here are five things to know:
- The program, The Mary Washington Health Alliance, helps nearly 400 independent
physicians and MWHC coordinate patient care, share best practices and
give follow-up for high-risk patients.
- MWHC implemented the program last year on a limited basis, and has reduced
the cost of care. So far this year, the total cost of care fell 3 percent
to 4 percent, compared to 2014.
- Healthcare spending throughout the United States has increased 4.4 percent
- In 2015, 15 physician groups switched over to a system owned by a subsidiary
of MWHC with 15 more groups expected to switch over by the end of 2016.
- The alliance currently includes Mary Washington Hospital's locations
in Fredericksburg and Stafford County.